Sunday 28 April 2013

Text and Page layout

From conversations with my tutor she suggested looking for examples of different ways to display text in the book. A number of photos were taken from layouts that interest me.
The use of the bold text across a double page is quite bold and makes a statement.

I looked at how images were placed at the different ways text could be placed over images.



I feel like the idea how the text in these images is quite small and subtle, the image is still the main focus of the page.


I particularly think the layout and font sizing here is rather effective. This could sit well within my book, and will be considered when I come to lay out my text.


I plan to have a few pages of just text. The first quote after the introduction will help introduce the story, the next will be the quote to match with the poppy scene. Two pages will have quotes as well as snippets from the story to help move it along. 


I have played around with laying out my images in Indesign so I can see how the pages will look together. I referred back to the research I have found to help with laying out the images.
I have chosen a number of quotes from the books which help support the photos and move the story along.



No comments:

Post a Comment