Tuesday 16 April 2013

Dorothy shoot

The makeup look for this character is below.
The model for this shoot is Alice Louise from Model Mayhem
The photographer is Caroline Raymond, Third year photography student.

This shoot is the most important as Dorothy is the main character. I made sure I was fully prepared and as always arrived early for the shoot to sort everything out. When the model turned up, she was shorter than expected, her Model Mayhem information was not correct. The models hair was also different from the photos and she had recently cut herself a very short fringe. I originally wanted the hair in loose curls and slightly messy, however during the shoot this was exaggerated as the previous hair seemed to lack character.
At the time of doing the makeup, I was struggling with blocking out the eyebrows, this then made the eye shadow application a little harder. If the eyebrows were fully blocked out, the application would have been smoother.
When shooting the look, the model seemed to be uncomfortable in front of the camera, and lack confidence. A lot of guidance was needed, and this made the photographers job harder.
At the end of the shoot I felt as though I was not 100% happy. In a tutorial with my teacher she said she loved them. This reassured me, it was up to a high enough standard.

If I was to do this shoot again, I would prefer a taller model, as this would make the images look more professional. I would also have liked the model to have more confidence in front of the camera, I feel her face is very suitable for this character.
I would pay more attention to the eyebrows to make sure they are fully covered.



No comments:

Post a Comment