Monday 22 April 2013

Reflection and editing- Tinman


Once loading these images onto the computer, I realised Priya Shukla had taken them all in Jpeg, this really upset me as I had spent so much time in creating this look. I immediately rung the photographer and she said she did not realise I wanted them in jpeg, when I had previously said to her. As a photography is her job I would have thought this was the first thing she would have been taught is to take photographs in Raw. I was in tears to her on the phone, and she did not apologize once, all my effort and time had been wasted.
In a state I went to find my photographer tutor and he explained to me these images were still usable  he talked em through the correct way to open them so they remain the best file. Luckily these images were ok to use.

After looking through the images there was many I wanted to use, the lentils and the silver had shown up really well on camera, the only editing I did was changing these to black and white.


















 Even though there was a drama at the start of this, I am extremely happy with the results. If I was to do this shoot again, I would use a different photographer and it would have been really effective if the tinman was fully nude and covered in silver, and this would have completed the look.


The final images of this shoot will be found in the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment