Sunday 21 April 2013

Reflection and editing- Wicked Witch

The chosen images for this look is below, I am only using two of the images from this shoot, as there was not many to work with as said before the photographers camera ran out of battery.

The eyebrows needed slight editing in this photo, and some of the eyelashes needed lengthening to give an even circle around the eye. I then darkened the corners, but feel as though this went to far, I will re edit this so the edges are not as dark.
As I said in a previous blog entry I wanted the model to look as though she was melting, my only other option for this was to have experiment with this in post production.
I researched into different ways of trying to make some look melted, through the use of photoshop as well as illustration.
I took the examples of the dripping face and tried to interpret this into my look. I used YouTube videos to teach me how to do this. However this was harder than originally thought and didn't look as natural as I would have hoped. 



I then thought about the illustration in the bottom right hand corner. I drew and painted shapes similar to this, these were scanned into the computer, edited on photoshop so they had a clean finish and then inserted into the chose image. Extra shapes and patterns were added on photoshop. This was the final image and it will be a double page spread. 
Below is the shapes a drew and painted onto the photo and then scanned this back in. Unfortunately I am unaware as to how to turn this image the right way round.
This shapes in the image were then cut out and made darker these were then added to the witch image.  After conversations with my tutor, she suggested further this look by making the witch seem more melted and distorted, so I carried on working with this image and liquefy her to look, as though she was melting away.


If I was to shoot this again, I would have the model in red, this will allow the hair coming down her face to be enhanced.
I would have loved to originally use the Gelatin to show she was melting as mentioned before. However I am really happy with how this shoot has turned out. The use of Illustration also was easier than initially though and also very effective.



The final images of this shoot will be found in the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment