Monday 22 April 2013

Reflection and editing- China Clown

After I shot this model myself I was worried about the quality of the shoot. However the photos were better than expected. Two images were chosen from this look. After speaking to my tutor she suggested getting rid of the harsh black line around her lips, this was not a priority of mine, and as I had so many photos to edit I thought I would sort out any blemishes shown. The hair on the first image is also extended across the whole page this was done through copying and pasting as well as cloning the existing hair, this was hard to make it look as natural as possible.


For the second look I wanted the image to be broken up as she is a China clown and broken and then pieced back together. I look at online graphics, Illustrations and paintings to help with this.
 My teacher also previously showed me different ways to edit a face and move parts around, as well as copying and pasting parts and adding a range of effects. I knew the basics of what tools to use, so went ahead and tried a few for myself. Below is images from the editing stages.


To improve this look I would have fully taken the black line out of the lip of the china clown. However due to time I could only do the best possible.
I would have preferred a photographer to take the images. Even though the wig was made of five smaller wigs, this still should have been extended further so editing the hair in wasn't needed.


The final images of this shoot will be found in the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment