Monday 8 April 2013

Printers

After contacting a number of different printers I was struggling to find one that prints an A3 size.
I sent out a number of emails, stating what I was after.
Below is the requirements I was interested in.

Specification -
Size: A3
Orientation: Portrait

Inner Pages -
Full colour throughout
Stock: minimum 200gsm gloss paper
Number of inner pages: 70

Hard Back Cover -
Full colour print on front and back outer cover
Gloss cover
No print on inside front and back cover

Text on spine

Total price for above = £

Optional extras - 
How much extra for gloss lamination to outer cover?
How much extra for layflat pages?
How much print on inside front and back cover?
Cost if only black and white printed cover?

How long is your turnaround time from receipt of artwork?

How much is delivery?
How many days for delivery?

How would you like the images supplied?
How much bleed is required?


 
A number of printers replied saying they couldn't meet my expectations due to the large size of the book.
A number of phone calls to locals printers were also made however they were also unable to meet my needs.

Eventually I managed to find a printers, 2m professional, they are able to make an A3 book and also produce it to be layflat this was for a costly price of £237 pounds however after speaking to the staff at 2m professional they were able to give me a discount which made the cost of the book £113 which is still quite costly but is still a saving. Delivery time for this was as little as 4 working days, which gives me extra time to edit as I am behind schedule. 

No comments:

Post a Comment