Thursday 11 April 2013

Dorothy Preperation

Dorothy is the most important shoot for my book. She is the main character of this book and the story follows her journey back to Kansas.
Dorothy has to has a full length shot as her silver shoes play a big part within the story line.
I have emailed and put notices on the university noticeboard to see if anyone could help style my shoot, but unfortunately no one has come forward and others I have asked are busy, especially as others have deadlines too. My only choice is to style the shoot myself, I firstly looked online and found the exact dress I was after. Delivery time was 7 working days and as my shoot is sooner than that I am unable to order it, I rung up the company several times to see if it would be quicker but they failed to answer. If I had planned the outfit sooner this issue could have been resolved.

I headed to the shops to see if I could find any inspiration. Dorothys dress is gingham so I went on the hunt for anything like this. I wanted to stick with the theme of blue and white as I feel this is a classic trait of this character. I came across this top, but felt it was not high fashion enough.

I went into Topshop and found this, it isn't gingham which I originally wanted, but feel the check can resemble this. I feel this is a modern outfit for Dorothy, I decided to pair this with a collar necklace found in Newlook, I brought six different ones to see what would suit the dress the most. I went for reassurance to my tutor to make sure she thought this was an appropriate buy 


Shoes are a very important part of Dorothys look as these play a big part within the story, as I am recreating the original text the shoes are silver. I took photos of a number of shoes that would go with this outfit, from conversations with my tutors, they feel the shoe should be a modern version to go with the rest of my shoots.






The chosen shoes for this shoot are the silver trainers below, these are modern and in keeping with the outfit. The shiny silver is statement which is exactly what was wanted for this character. These will be paired with a pair of long cream socks.





No comments:

Post a Comment