Wednesday 24 April 2013

Reflection and editing- Fireball


When looking through these images I straight away felt very disappointed the makeup look as though it was harshly applied and looked very amateur. As a number of looks was done on this shoot I feel this affected the standard of my work, the model kept telling me she wanted to go home which also put me under pressure. From looking at the iages below, it is clear I should have resprayed the neck, aswell as making it blend to the skin better.
The black makeup on her neck started cracking and the whole shoot seemed a bit of a disaster  however there was no time to re shoot so I made do with what I had. Luckily there was an effect on photoshop I shouldnt have relied on this but the effect  was perfect for this look. I used this, and as you can see the image glows against the background which is what was originally wanted. The fireball is made out of cotton and oil, and this is perfect for the colours used in this effect. The glowing reds and oranges were limited in this first edit, so I had to extend this up, a series of five images were produced each having the fire extending up the face.
 A few touch ups of stray hairs is all that was needed after this.

If I was to shoot this again, I feel more preperation was needed, this was probably one of the shoots I spent less time designing and this is reflected in the images. The initial idea for this shoot was already at a lower standard of my work and the poor application did not help this.
However with the above affect I think this has saved these images.


The final images of this shoot will be found in the book. 

No comments:

Post a Comment