Thursday 28 February 2013

Experimenting- wicked witch

The next look I am doing is the wicked witch, she has only one eye, which is bigger than the other. I have tried to create this with the makeup.

I also started looking at wigs and found the one below, I would prefer a short choppy wig for the witch

. I wanted to use the hair to cover the eye as previously explored through my sketches. I then thought about different ways to make the other eye looks bigger, I used dark colours to go with the idea of her being an evil character in the book. I used white eyeliner under the eye to give the idea of the eye being bigger, I extended  the eyelashes out to accentuate the idea of this. I used a dark lip and strong cheekbones to give this look an editorial feel.

I thought it would be interesting to see how the eyelashes on the eyebrow worked, to see if this would also accentuate the ides of a larger eye, but I felt this didn't have the desired impact. this worked on the eyebrow but this didn't work.

I have decided my final makeup look is the first look I tried.


I have decided to use this wig to cover one of the eyes. I want to wig in black as this also suits with the idea of the witch being a dark character.

No comments:

Post a Comment