Saturday 23 February 2013

Experimenting-Kalidah

I have decided to go back and look at the Kalidah which is described as a monstrous beast, with bodies like bears and heads like tigers. I have previously started doing some makeup on my face which was blogged about but my teacher felt I had to draw out some ideas to see what works and what doesnt, so I have done some sketches below.



I decided these sketches werent working for me too well, so I decided to to start experimenting on my face once again.


 
I wanted to spike the eyebrows up, I have seen this done before and thought I would try it out. I went and brought some clear mascara as I thought this would work, but as you can see from the right eyebrow this was a fail, so I used Pritt stick and this worked better.


I referred back to my sketches and to my Pinterest to help me create this look. I decided to have strong dark cat like eyes to represent the tiger, and used shading of red orange and yellow on the face, the white bottom lip really stands out against the black which I think is quite striking. I used red and black shading on the next to represent the body like a bear.


I wanted to see what white stripes on the neck would look like but feel this does not work well, so instead I used white in the corner of the eyes to match in with how the lips stand out. From comparing these two images I feel this has a good impact on the look.


I then decided that the eyebrows got a bit lost in this look so I went over them in a black so they stand out more, which as you can see from the left image it makes a difference from the previous eyebrow. A black stripe was also drawn around the neck but felt this still didnt look right. I also wanted to cover more possibilities for this eyebrow so in the image on the right I wanted a neat black brow. I feel the eyebrow on the left works better.


This in the final look for the Kalidah, I havent looked into what I should do with the hair yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment