Wednesday 13 February 2013

First sketches

My tutor told me to draw, and do loads of drawings and sketches so that is what I have been doing. I have started of my thinking about the scarecrow and how to develop this character. I did a spider diagram to help with his description in the text.

 
 

I started by doing a couple of sketches in my sketchbook tocome up with different ideas, I have looked back at previous research to alsohelp inspire me.





 
 
I felt like I needed some straw to help with the development of my scarecrow character, so I made a special trip to go and get some, It wasonly once I had returned that I actually brought hay instead of straw but I thought I would see how this would plan out. Below I have done a couple of drawing susing the hay.





 
I also decided to do some sketches using water colours as I felt I was struggling to find the colour I wanted with the colouring pencils.


 




I felt I was struggling with these drawings and they just ended up looking like face templates which isn't what my teacher wanted me to do, so I went back to her, and she told me to just sketch and draw and showed me some examples of other students sketches. This help me to realise that I need to stop over thinking and jot down possibilities for each look.

No comments:

Post a Comment