Sunday 24 February 2013

Experimenting-Lion

The Lion is the next look I am going to be working on, I have done one sketch and looked at a number of images, but I feel it would be easier to practice on myself.

I want the lion to have large long hair like the sketch above.




I have been experimenting with eye makeup, and thought about having cat shape eyes as it is a lion. I used black liner for the lids and used a yellow eyeshadow. I used a white eyeshadow underneithh. I then thought this was too obvious and wanted something a bit different.

I took inspiration from this image below to create the next look I came up with.

I liked the strong eyebrows in this look.







I was focusing on the eye on the right, with the strong eyebrow, I added a shade of pink around the eye and a line underneith, the pink eye and lip doesnt work well with this look so I will rethink this.


I removed the pink and made the face whiter so the black would stand out more, I decided to outline the 'cupids bow' in black to match the eye. An eyelash was also added which I think adds to this look.


I took the previous look further and decided to outline the whole lip aswell, the cheekbone was shaded to add definition to the face. I think this look is very striking and hopefully my teacher thinks so too.

No comments:

Post a Comment