Monday 18 February 2013

Experimenting- Tin Woodman

I decided to experiment with the Tinman, and I want him covered in silver to resemble the tin, as this is the classic perception for the him. I think the idea of him covered in silver will make a really effective image.and look great under the camera. I have never done a look where someone is covered head to toe in silver, so I think this will really pushing the limits of what I have done. I contoured the cheekbones to make the Tinman look structured.

I wanted to experiment with different artistic materials to see how these can be used on the face. A number of ways was tried out and the results are below.


 Tin foil was used on the lips to add a bit of texture. The foil on the lips worked quite well but I think it look cheap on the eyebrows. I think the neck piece shouldn't have the crinkles in it and should be a flat structured piece around the neck.



The tinfoil was broken and pieced together, to almost resemble mosaics. This worked better as the shape looked more like eyebrows and and gave the look a slightly more editorial look. I am still unsure whether this material works well with this look. I think it looks cheap.

No comments:

Post a Comment