Saturday 23 February 2013

Experimenting- Spider Monster

I decided to go back to the Spider monster and give this look another go. I felt that the Spider monster needed to be a bit hairier and have more texture. I have done two sketches below.

I went to the craft shops to see if I could get any inspiration, when I found the material below.

I haven't come acorss this material before but it reminds me of loads of little spiders, so I thought this would be perfect for my Spider Monster.

I started experimenting with it as soon as I got home.





I kept to the natural skin colour, and used shading around the eyes with black eyeshadow to create depth, I then used duo glue to stick on the flower soft. I tried to create the idea that they fall down the face which I think is quite effective, the look on the left doesn't work well where it stops above the eyebrow so I extended this above the eyebrow and onto the forehead. I feel the left one doesn't work with the eyebrows so I decided to extend it up to the forehead. I feel this works well.

I shaded up the same as the right eye and curved the flower soft  to almost match with the other eye. I decided to add a red lip with a black outline, I next added shading and Flower soft to the collar bones to help intensify this character.


I decided to darken the lip and I feel this works better with the eye makeup.



I briefly put the hair like this to see how it would go with the look. I dont feel it is very spider like, so I may rethink this.

I thought I should experiment with other eye shapes too but I still want to use the Flower soft, so I have created the images below.




I feel the hair works better in this shot when it is left loose, and volume around the face. The makeup on this isn't as effective as the previous and looks to mask like.


Further experimentation was carried out, but this like the last is resemble a mask to much.
I have decided this will be the final look. I will carry the Flower soft up on the left eye aswell, and obviously make both the eye shapes equal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment