Thursday 14 February 2013

Discovery of Pinterest

I felt as though I have been stuck with inspiration, and one of my housemates introduced me to Pinterest so I have started making boards for each character and collecting any photos that inspire me. I have found this very helpful and I feel more inspired than before. It has made me think about the many makeup looks that I can develop.

I have created a number of pin boards that inspire me, and the links and train of thought are below.

This is link to the Pinboard on the Wicked Witch of the West, I have been thinking of way to show she only has one eye, so I thought I could portray this by either covering one eye with the hair or a hat, I was thinking about having the other eye bigger to accentuate it so I was thinking of painting an eye on top of the real closed eye, or using a magnifiying glass like one of the photos. I think the Pinboard will explain better what I am trying to.

The next  Pinboard is the china clown-Mr Joker. As he is cracked and put back together I have found a number of images which could represent this, for example the egg shells upon the face, or cracked makeup. I have also looked for makeup which could resemble a clown without being too literal.

The next character I have done a Pinboard on is the Wizard Fireball. The fire ball, is a ball of flames so I would imagine this would be usins fire colours, but again I dont want this too literal either. i had also noted from reading the book that later on I discover the fireball was made from cotton and oil. so therefore I could also use metallic makeup to represent oil.

The next Pinboard is of the Wizard lady. As the Wizard is in the emerald city I feel she should be emerald green as everything in this city is. She is described as a very attractive woman. I have been looking at different ways I can use green materials such as Glitter, I was also thinking a possibly green wig, but then I dont want this to look tacky.

The next Pinboard is the Wizard Beast. The beast has five eyes so I have been looking for ways to portray this idea. I have also added my own image of the eyes on the back to show that I could also use this technique for a look which I will probably experiment with further when desiging this look.

The next Pinboard is the Wizards head. The head is painted and I want this to be resembled in this look. It is also made out of paper, so I was thinking of possibly using paper within this look. I was also thinking how I could use shading and shapes to resemble paper and possible creases that could be within this look.

The next Pinboard is on the Cowardly Lion. I was looking at photos wish resemble lions as this is the sort of thing I am looking for. I want found some images of close up lions to see how I can interpret a lions eye and colouring.

I have created a PinBoard for the Spider Monster. I want to keep the colour theme for the spider black, with a touch of another colour possibly dark red or pink to help portray the charcters dark role in the book.

The next Pinboard is for the Kalidah, as the face of this character is tiger I wanted to look into looks that resemble this and I then seem to end up on tribal inspired images. I dont want my look to be too tribal but I thought the lines and shapes can help with the outcome of my look.

The next Pinboard is of the Tinman, I love the idea of coating the model in silver as previously looked at in my moodboard. I was looking at other ways I can further this idea, the use of the metal hoops inspires me and I would love to interpret some texture into this look. This led me on to look at rust, as the Tinman rusts a number of times throughout the book.






No comments:

Post a Comment