Saturday 2 March 2013

Further experiments of the wizard head

Further experimentation was carried out to see if I could develop any better looks. More research was carried out around the idea I wanted to portray.


I found the images above which inspire me, the idea of the blending and brush strokes led me to choose this image. The bottom right was chosen as this represents the head without any hair, the main focus is on the face.



The images above imply different ways makeup can be applied the textures help express the idea of the head being painted.


From reading the text, the wizard head is describe to be as thin as paper, so I decided to create paper eyebrows to see how effective these could be. I used glue and water and shaped the paper to an eyebrow shape, texture was created to help give some dimension.

As the wizard head is just a head, black card was used around the neck, the colours and texture was inspired  by one of the images previously looked at. A white based was used and the brush marks were used to create a painted effect. I would like to use more texture in this look so I will speak to my tutor about ways of doing this. I initally left the eyebrows white to see how this worked with the look, however the coliured eyebrows have more of an effect and makes the whole look work. Darker eyes were used in the bottom right image, this was just for experimentation and feel they are too dark for the look, and it looks better with no eye makeup.
I was inspired to create this look by looking at the images at the top of this post. The focus is on the face, so an outline was done around the face in the shape shown to resemble the painted look. Green shading was then added to define it. Looking back at these looks, I am not too sure why I have done the eyeliner like this as I think it is more animal/cat like.
Further experimentation of this look will need to be carried out.

No comments:

Post a Comment