Tuesday 5 March 2013

Wicked Witch shoot

This is the Final makeup design for this character, I also had an idea this morning, of using gelatin on the face to make it look as though she is melting, as later on in the story line Dorothy throws water over her and she starts to melt. I think she could look really effective and will go with the idea of her looking weird and wonderful.
I have spoken to a model from model mayhem and she has agreed to model this for me.
I have also found a photographer Emily Cross, and a mood board of images has been sent to her so she knows the theme I am going for.


I have decided to have the model in a cape like top to fit in with her being a witch I want this in black as well as short black shorts and black heels, I feel this will give the look an editorial feel. 
I have also brought some black fake nails to create the idea of her having long hands which is how most witches are portrayed to have and I would like to keep this element.
My model Leanne Amy was a pleasure to work with, especially as I haven't collaborated much before. The makeup look seemed to go very well and I was happy with what I had done. My photographer Emily had the lights set up for when we got there which was good, but as she was taking the photos, the models head looked morphed. I tried to explain this to Emily but she didn't seem to understand. It was quite hard to communicate with what I meant and I tried to even tell her how to do it as we had been taught in our photography lessons about it. I ended up taking some of the photos myself as she didn't understand this. it was difficult working with someone who had no idea what I meant even though, as a photographer she should have known about when someones head is morphed. I also told Emily that I wanted to do a second look with this character, but before I was even satisfied with the first look her camera ran out of battery, this was very unprofessional and the university hatch has shut by now so I was unable to finish this shoot.

Below are a few images from the shoot that I have taken myself on my phone.





From doing this shoot today, this really made me question collaborating with people, when there is many people involved you have to rely on others which can be hard if people don't meet my expectations. I am disappointed I didn't get to do the second look and hope I have got some good images of the first. If this shoot was done again I would have chosen a different photographer and made sure there camera is fully charged, but as a photographer I think this is there responsibility. This is a learning curve for me, and I hope the next photographer I use will be more professional. 

No comments:

Post a Comment