Thursday 7 March 2013

China clown shoot

The china clown shoot is the next look I am doing, I haven't heard from anyone else of of model mayhem so I posted on the Southampton Solent notice board to see if anyone was interested. A girl Jenna did actually get back to me, she sent me a couple of photos so I could see what she was like and I was set to shoot with her. Priya Shukla who previously took the photos was also going to do it for this one.

This is a reminder of the final look for this shoot.
I went out and brought an orange shirt for this shoot as this colour could clash quite nicely with the wig, and being a clown, it is allowed to clash.

I had text my model the day before to check we were still on for the day and she said everything was fine. I got to uni early to prepare everything and allow myself enough time to run through what I was doing. Until Jenna text me an hour before to tell me she had an eye infection, bearing in mind this was at 12 in the afternoon, if she had let me know in the morning i could have made alternative arrangements. However, I wasn't going to give up that easy and thought I would text any of my friends to see if they knew anyone free to model, luckily one was available, but I had to wait in total 3 hours to use her. but I had already waited long enough I wasn't going to not do this makeup look

Ellisha White ended up being my model for this and by the time she got to me, Priya the photographer wanted to go home. So I ended up setting the lighting up myself and shooting it myself, luckily I know the basics of working a camera so it turned out alright.
This is one of the shots taken from the shoot, I will put the others up when they have been edited.


If I was to do this shoot again, I would would have a reliable model, as this messed up the rest of the day with the photographer and studio space. 

No comments:

Post a Comment