Friday 8 March 2013

Cowardly lion shoot

This was the makeup look for the Cowardly lion. My teacher said to expand on this look and develop it more.


I have found this image below, I think this makeup look is really striking and will do something around this idea for my shoot.

This is the wig I will be using for the shoot, I have previously spoken to my tutor about finding another wig to go under the chin, luckily we found one of the same style but it was a bit to blonde, so my teacher suggested spraying some darker hair colour onto it to match the rest of the wig, and this worked surprisingly well. A pair of tights stuff with tissue paper was stuffed underneath the chin to keep the hair up against the chin and neck.



The model for this look was Giovanna Balivo. I came into contact with her through a friend and I asked if I could possibly use her to model. Giovannas face is perfect for the lion. My photographer was from the list of people that a teacher gave me, her name is Tanya Farrell. I emailed her on a social networking site and she was able to shoot with me.
I wanted a grey background as black would have been to harsh and white would have been to white against the face. 
Below is an image taken on shoot.


I was a bit wary of shooting with another photographer after the last photographer who shot the Wicked Witch, but I  was so much happier with this photographer as she really seemed to grasp what I was saying.  The photographer seemed happy to work with me also as she asked if there was anymore shoots she could help me with, and of course I had plenty for her. 





No comments:

Post a Comment