Saturday 2 March 2013

Further experimentation-wicked witch

I have decided to rethink the wicked witch look as I have seen someone else do a similar design, and as I have been looking online for inspiration I feel there has been a few sources which have created a look similar with the eyelashes down the face.
I have decide to look over previous research and came across Madame peripeties work which I am rather influenced by. Two image in particular interested me these are below.


I blocked out the eyebrows for this look and then used the hair extension to cover the eye. I tried to give the idea that the other eye was stronger by adding the white eye shadow and eyelashes to make it look as though it was bigger. I outlined the lips in black to go with the dark hair. I feel this look has worked a lot better than the previous look I tried for this character. I love how she looks disturbing due to her having one eye and I can imagine this look fits in well with the role she plays in the book.
I also thought about trying the eyelashes above the other eye just to make sure I was 100% sure on the makeup look. I feel with the other eyelashes over the hair extension this takes away from her disturbing appearance and makes her appear more 'normal'.



This is the final look for this character.

No comments:

Post a Comment