Friday 8 March 2013

Further Experimentation-Scarecrow


As previously stated my teacher told me to experiment further with the straw. I found something that resembles straw in a craft shop but it is almost a bit stiffer and can be moved into different shapes, below I have done a brief test to see how well it sticks to the face, bends into shape and looks under the camera. All these points seem to work quite well, so I carried out further experimentation.



As said before I brought new colours for my kit, this is what the struggle was last time, I felt very limited as to the colours I could create. The line around the nose and eyebrows was kept as I think this really resembles Rawles work and I love that connection between the two. I feel as though the way I put colour on the lips is limited, so I have tried to make the bottom lip bleed into the nude lip, this adds a real sensual aspect to this look.
I tried using just one piece of straw to outline the eyebrows but felt as though it was lost as it is so thin, a larger one was then tested with but I don't think it looks professionally made and cheapens the makeup look.
As the Block of straw didn't work I tried a few more on the other eye to help it stand out. I still felt as though this wasn't working and maybe I was over thinking the idea. I think the makeup is suitable for this character but the straw doesn't have the desired effect.

No comments:

Post a Comment