Tuesday 5 March 2013

Experimentation-Scarecrow

The next look I am going to look at is the scarecrow. I have decided to refer back to Graham Rawles own illustration which has inspired me.




I liked the idea of using the red that goes around the eyes, I changes this so it would come from the eyebrows and around the nose. I chose to use red and blue which refers back to Rawles illustration and then I added the third primary colour yellow.
Next I tried adding white but felt this dust work as well as the blue, as it was to bright against the skin and the red, so I added white around the red outlines.

This was then developed further to the whole face being white, the yellow was extended around the eyes and a black line was drawn, I felt this didn't match with the look and it became to harsh and structured, so I decided to see how smokey eyes would fit in with this look.
I still felt as though this look wasn't working so I have decided to add some straw to the look as he is a scarecrow stuffed with straw. This again I feel isn't very effective and looks messy.



I looked further for some inspiration and came across this image, I like the colour of this eye shadow an the way it is around the eyes. I will think about using this colour in the next look I experiment with.





I tried to do the dark eyes with the orange but felt I still need more colours in my kit as it is limited so I am going to buy more in the next couple of days.
I decided to see what the black outline on the eyebrows and around the nose would look like. I enhanced the pink and yellow on the cheek, and then furthered this around the nose. However again I think it has been overworked and I have done too much.



After all this experimenting I still feel as though I haven't got the perfect look for this character. I thing I am probably over thinking it the further I have gone on, and  I am going to speak to my tutor and see if she can suggest anything for me.





No comments:

Post a Comment